Arthur L. Collins
1830 Public Works Drive
Mumbai – 37403
Looking for a challenging position of the Produce Department Manager (Grocery) in the reputed company with a view to use my wide experience for the benefit of the organization.
July 2010 – Present
Produce Department Manager
- Passed a food quality course, having to learn and identify all new types of fruit and veg.
- Passed an “8 week” training programme after only 6 weeks.
- Had really good feedback from ASDA, which is supported by e-mails and good luck cards that I can provide.
- When I was interviewed I was told I was a designate as they did not have a store for me. When I completed my training the only vacancy for me was for a Goerge Clothing Manager.
- This is not what I applied for or trained for so I declined. Being promised to be a Produce Manager made me make the tough decision of leaving my long-term career with Lidl.
- Unfortunately when I joined the company it was not given, so I had no option but to resign as the trust I had for the company was gone.
June 2006 – July 2010 LIDL
Produce Department Manager (Grocery)
- I work to many targets given to me in which I have to manage my rota’s etc to accommodate these targets
- I have increased turnover by 15% a week since I took over as store manager. I do this by using initiative in terms of secondary merchandising etc.
- I was wholly responsible for the staff recruitment and successful opening and running of Lidl’s first “Express Store”, liaising with the international management team.
- I have worked with the LIDL merchandising team for a 4-month period so have developed skills in using store space and help setting up new stores from scratch.
- Recently went around the south region completely re-designing store layouts to maximise profits.
- ·I am a motivator, a leader and always set an example for my staff to follow
- I also got given the role of crisis manager in which my district managers ask me to sort out stores that need to be improved.
- This involves a lot of responsibility which I thrive on
- I am in charge of every aspect of the store from maintenance to customer satisfaction
- Sept 2000 – Sept 2002 The Priory School South Ridge, SC
o Achieved C in general studies at A level
o Achieved B in Business studies at GNVQ level
- Sept 1995 – Sept 2000
o Achieved 10 A-C GCSE’s
o Including C in Mathematics
o Including B in English language and B in English literature
Floyd P. Olivier