This is a free Technician Food Science Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Technician Food Science Job.
Technician Food Science Job Description
- Assists food scientist in research and development and quality control.
- Conducts tests on food additives and preservatives to ensure organizational and FDA compliance on such factors as color, texture, and nutrients.
- Samples odors or tastes for prescribed flavor.
- Analyzes records and compiles test results, orders supplies to maintain laboratory inventory, and cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment.
- Typically requires up to two years of specialized training or an associate’s degree in applied science related technology; however, some companies may accept equivalent education and experience combined.
- Performs standardized qualitative and quantitative tests to determine physical or chemical properties of food or beverage products, or to ensure compliance with company or government quality standards.
- Conducts standardized tests of food, beverages, additives, and preservatives for flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, or other factors.
Sample Technician Food Science Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Technician Food Science
What I am looking for is management challenge, a challenge that will prove to you that I have integrity, dependability, creativity and exceptional attitude towards my work no matter what the situation may
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Technician Food Science can add his/her career achievements like,
- Exceptional ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- In-depth familiarity with food processes and equipment.
- Remarkable familiarity with lab equipment and procedures.
- Huge experience with formulations and ingredients for baked and fried goods.
- Profound training and experience in the use of statistical process control and design of experiments.
- In-depth ability to use MS Excel, Word.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Technician Food Science applying for a job would look like,
Technician Food Science
Balaji Foods Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, 2006-Present
- Conducted tests on food additives and preservatives to ensure organizational and FDA compliance on such factors as color, texture, and nutrients.
- Sampled odors or tastes for prescribed flavor.
- Analyzed records and compiles test results, orders supplies to maintain laboratory inventory, and cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment.
- Performed standardized qualitative and quantitative tests to determine physical or chemical properties of food or beverage products, and to ensure compliance with company and government quality standards.
Piramal Food and Beverage Industry, Mumbai, 2003-2006
- Conducted standardized tests of food, beverages, additives, and preservatives for flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, or other factors.
- Tested flavoring and spices for moisture, oil content, coloring, and pungency.
- Tested production samples of food for compliance with standards.
- Computed such factors as moisture, salt content, sediment, or solubility.
- Smell samples of food for odors or tastes for prescribed flavor.
Assistant Food Technologist
Piramal Food and Beverage Industry, Mumbai, 2000-2003
- Observed sample smear, sediment disk, or agar sample through microscope to identify bacterial or extraneous matter.
- Compared test results with standards and records results.
- Cleaned laboratory equipment.
- Mixed ingredients to make reagents.
- Operated computer to compute percentages of ingredients in finished product.
- Identified according to quality or product tested.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Technician Food Science who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Technician Food Science could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Technician Food Science would look like,
- Bachelor Degree in food technology
Mumbai Institute for culinary and hospitality management, Mumbai, 2000
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Technician Food Science could also look like,
Mr. Deepanker Ghosh
Salary Range of a Technician Food Science
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 10000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 1.20 Lakhs to 1.50 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $3500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Technician Food Science Interview Question
- Why did you become involved in food technology?
- How do you use food technology in your career?
- Please describe a typical day at work.
- What advice would you give to a high school student interested in learning more about food technology?
- What about your character makes you a good candidate for this job?
- Priorities often change suddenly throughout the day. If you are asked to quickly do another task, how does that affect your mood? What if it’s the third time before noon?
- What do you feel is an acceptable amount of days to be absent in a calendar year?
- How do you handle situations that could cause you to be tardy or absent?