This is a free Telecom Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Telecom Job.
Telecom Job Description
- Manages and coordinates telecommunications activities concerned with planning, acquisition, design, installation, and maintenance of voice, data, and video equipment and systems for an organization.
- Leads and participates in studies conducted on existing communications system and equipment, such as present and projected volume of communications, effectiveness and adequacy of system, and estimated equipment replacement and maintenance costs.
- Coordinates engineering studies to obtain data on new equipment and systems developments in communications field and adaptability of equipment to existing system.
- Typically reports to director level or above and may have supervisors and/or analysts and technicians reporting to this position.
- Analyzes reports, records, and recommendations to determine whether equipment should be repaired or replaced, additional equipment installed, or newly developed equipment acquired considering such factors as predicted volume of communications traffic, acquisition and installation costs, and estimated improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and changes in operational procedures resulting from new system installation.
- Prepares recommendations for acquisition of newly developed, additional, or replacement equipment based on analyses for action by management.
- Approves acquisition and installation of equipment within limitations approved by management.
Sample Telecom Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Telecom
Obtain a respective career as the Telecommunications Manager with the obtained organizational and professional expertise.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Telecom can add his/her career achievements like,
- Have over 10years of experience and the capacity to adopt new concepts with due responsibilities.
- Familiar with necessary recruiting and training procedures for the newly appointed personnel
- Received numerous letters of recommendation, and appreciation from customers, and management.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Telecom Manager applying for a job would look like,
Summerdale’s Communications, Chennai, 2005-present
- Preparing and maintaining the capex and opex for each quarter of the respective financial year.
- Maintaining and preparing the entire impotent database pertaining to the operation & Management which includes the daily, Weekly and Monthly Dash board for a Close Look of happening in operations.
- Handling the Organization OPEX SOFTWARE.
- Dealing with company vendor i.e. Ericsson for the apex related problem , network related problems & queries and solving them within the stipulated period of time
- Maintaining the sharing data base.
- Proper maintain the outage report and Dg running of up east.
- Resolved all the owner issues.
- Looking after all the major regulatory related issue of apex and capex.
Telecom Service Manager
Seicon Wireless Communications, Chennai, 1998-2005
- Management of all sites with our service provider Ericsson and dg vendor like Mahindra, Koel and Eicher.
- Insuring timely payment of diesel bills and other bill related to O&M.
- Preparation of MSC, BSC & BTS sites.
- Operation & Maintenance of MSC, BSC and cell sites.
- Documentations of record.
- Proper Control Opex UP East.
- Preparation BOQ for Opex and capex.
- Maintaining all MIS report of O&M and Project.
- Implementation of various measures to reduce opex.
- Verification of bills in term of quality /quantity of work and ensuring timely completion of work.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Telecom who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- M B A (Telecommunications Management)
Chennai University, Chennai, 1998
- Bachelor in Commerce
Chennai University, Chennai, 1995
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Telecom could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Telecom would look like,
- Achieved required professional affiliation from the Telecommunications Management Personnel Association of Chennai, the year of 2005.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Telecom could also look like,
Salary Range of a Telecom
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 34000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 4.10 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $10500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Telecom Interview Question
- If I were to interview the people who have reported to you in the past, how would they describe your management style?
- If I were to interview your reporting staff members, how would they describe your strengths and weaknesses as a manager and supervisor?
- Give me an example; from your past work experiences, about a time when you had an underperforming employee reporting to you. How did you address the situation? Did the employee’s performance improve? If not, what did you do next?
- One of the jobs of a manager or supervisor is to manage performance and perform periodic performance reviews. Tell me how you have managed employee performance in the past. Describe the process you have used for performance feedback.
- When you have entered a new workplace in the past, as a manager or supervisor, describe how you have gone about meeting and developing relationships with your new coworkers, supervisors, and reporting staff.
- As a manager or supervisor, one of your jobs is to provide direction and leadership for a work unit. Describe how you have accomplished this in the past.