This is a free Tourism Officer Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Tourism Officer Job.
Tourism Officer Job Description
- Tourism officers develop and promote tourism in order to attract visitors and produce significant economic benefits for a particular region or site.
- They often work for local authorities, but may also work within other public sector agencies or private companies.
- The role is varied and may include many different types of work. Key areas include marketing, visitor management and the development of the tourism product, services and facilities.
- Tourism increasingly focuses on economic development or urban and rural regeneration as well as strategic planning, particularly in local authorities.
- Tourism officers, therefore, usually work closely with residents and businesses in a local community to support the local economy of an area.
Sample Tourism Officer Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Tourism Officer
To find a job in the tourism/hospitality, retail, or wholesale distribution industries where I can utilize my operations management, program development, process improvement and team leadership skills in order to achieve growth and operational excellence for an exciting, aggressive company and to attain personal reward commensurate with company success.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Tourism Officer can add his/her career achievements like,
- supported the local tourism industry through providing promotional opportunities;
- encouraged the creation of a tourism association or similar body;
- Ran training courses to encourage networking and economic growth in the tourism industry.
- Lobbying the industry and government on strategic matters such as quality assessed accommodation, collation of national/international statistics.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Tourism Officer applying for a job would look like,
Goa Tourism Development Bourd, Goa, 2006-Present
- producing tourist information, including art work, and writing press releases and copy for tourism guides/newsletters;
- setting up and attending exhibitions and holiday shows;
- organizing special and seasonal events and festivals;
- devising and planning tours, and arranging itineraries;
- liaising with local operators, the media, designers and printers;
- managing staff, budgets and staff training needs;
- Ordering products and services.
Assistant Tourism Development Manager
Goa Tourism Development Bourd, Goa, 2003-2006
- providing funding and business advice support and sending e-newsletters to local businesses;
- developing e-tourism platforms, including websites, and constructing business databases;
- writing and presenting reports for committees;
- planning and writing funding applications;
- product development;
- Giving talks to local parties, community groups and schools, and handling media enquiries.
Rajasthan Tourism Development Bourd, Jaipur
- commissioning and/or producing tourism strategies and economic impact studies for implementation;
- lobbying the industry and government on strategic matters such as quality assessed accommodation, collation of national/international statistics;
- devising and coordinating marketing campaigns;
- undertaking market research with members of the public and visitors to particular attractions;
- Providing a range of information on local resources and facilities.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Tourism Officer who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- MBA (Sales and Marketing)
Maratha Collage, Mumbai, 2000
- B A
Maratha Collage, Mumbai, 1998
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Tourism Officer could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Tourism Officer would look like,
- Appreciation by Tourist development Board of India 2007, 2009.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Tourism Officer could also look like,
Mr. Bharat Jain
Rajasthan Tourism Development Board
Salary Range of a Tourism Officer
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 20000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 2.5 Lakhs to 3 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $15000 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Tourism Officer Interview Question
- How have you managed to foster a successful team in your past positions?
- What methods have you found successful in determining the priorities when you start in a new facility?
- What methods do you use to foster open communication with staff and management?
- Tell me about a work incident when you were totally honest, despite a potential risk or downside for the honesty.
- How did you handle a recent situation where the direction from above was unclear and circumstances were changing?
- Describe how you motivated a group of people to do something they did not want to do.
- Who are your most effective subordinate and your least effective subordinate?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each? What have you done to develop each of these subordinates?
- Tell me about some of the people who have become successful as a result of your management. What was your role in their development?