This is a free Travel Consultant Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Travel Consultant Job.
Travel Consultant Job Description
- Plans trips for members of automobile club: confers with member in person or by telephone to answer questions and explain services.
- Marks suitable roads and possible detours on road map, showing route from point of origin to destination and return.
- Indicates points of interest, restaurants, hotels or other housing accommodations, and emergency repair services available along route.
- Reserves hotel, motel, or resort accommodations by telephone, telegraph, or letter.
- Calculates mileage of marked route and estimates travel expenses.
- Informs patron of bus, ship, train, and plane connections.
- Consults hotel directories, road maps, circulars, timetables, and other sources to obtain current information.
- Provides members with guides, directories, brochures and maps.
Sample Travel Consultant Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Travel Consultant
A highly motivated and energetic professional with extensive experience in inside sales, customer service, and administrative roles seeks position as a Travel Consultant or Administrative Assistant.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Travel Consultant can add his/her career achievements like,
- Recognized throughout career for an excellent ability to build and maintain new customer relationships and create workflow processes to support sales team and improve productivity.
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple duties simultaneously, paying close attention to details, and working well in fast-paced environments.
- Easily adapt to change and learn new systems quickly.
- Demonstrated expertise in achieving high customer satisfaction rates by carefully listening to customer needs, paying close attention to details and providing solutions to exceed customer goals.
- Polished and persuasive communicator with demonstrated ability to clearly convey information
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Travel Consultant applying for a job would look like,
Tiara Corporate, Mumbai, 2006-Present
- Planned trips for members in response to mail requests.
- Planned foreign trips and perform duties, such as arranging for automobile rental, purchase, and shipment, and be designated world-travel counselor.
- Reviewed itineraries prepared by other travel counselors for factors such as accuracy, pricing, and date and timetable sequencing and are designated travel-ticketing reviewer.
Personal Vacation Planner
Carnival Cruise Lines, Mumbai, 2003-2006
- Marketing and Sales of Carnival Cruise Vacations from the leads that are assigned.
- Duties include calling guests, establishing relationships, giving information, helping guests to choose and finalize their cruise plans, complete sale and follow through after travel is completed.
- Keeping in touch and getting repeat reservations and referrals from past guests.
Vacation Planners, Mumbai, 2000-2003
- Sales of corporate and leisure travel as an inside and outside consultant.
- Developed client relationships by assisting guests with product knowledge and selection of travel.
- Maintained position as the top sales producer during my time of employment.
- Established myself as the top sales consultant in the state of Illinois by exceeding monthly sales goals.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Travel Consultant who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- M A (Sociology)
Mumbai University, Mumbai, 2000
- B A
Mumbai University, Mumbai, 1998
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Travel Consultant could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Travel Consultant would look like,
- Joined various seminars and meetings on corporate travel management.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Travel Consultant could also look like,
Mr. Bharat Jain
Carnival Cruise Lines
Salary Range of a Travel Consultant
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 8000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 1 Lakhs to 1.25 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $4000 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Travel Consultant Interview Question
- Describe a time in which you weighed the pros and cons of a situation and decided not to take action, even though you were under pressure to do so.
- All of us have been in situations where we assigned work to other people and they didn’t do what we intended. Can you tell me about some of those? What were the circumstances and how did you handle it?
- Have you ever had problems in getting your subordinates to accept your ideas or department goals? What approach did you use? How effective was it?
- Have you ever needed cooperation from groups that did not report to you? What did you do to gain cooperation? What were the satisfactions and disappointments?
- Is there a trait or characteristic about you that you find is frequently misunderstood that surprises you when you find out that people think that about you?
- What 3 things do you hope to accomplish in your first year?