This is a free Travel manager Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Travel manager Job.
Travel manager Job Description
- Manages operation of a travel agency or travel department of an organization.
- Typically reports to a director and may have supervisors reporting to this position.
- Plans work schedules for employees.
- Trains employees in advising customers on current traveling conditions, planning customer travel and itineraries, ticketing and booking functions, and in calculating costs for transportation and accommodations from current transportation schedules and tariff books and accommodation rate books.
- Advises on travel requirements and conditions such as visa, medical, foreign travel, etc.
- Reviews employee ticketing and sales activities to ensure cost calculations, booking, and transportation scheduling are in accordance with current transportation carrier schedules, tariff rates, and regulations and that charges are made for accommodations.
Sample Travel manager Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Travel manager
To obtain a responsible and challenging position as a travel manager with a progressive company.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Travel manager can add his/her career achievements like,
- Ensured that all accommodations are obtained at the best possible cost consistent with the travel needs of the organization.
- Sold travel tickets, packaged and specialized tours, and advises customers on travel plans very efficiently.
- Coordinated sales promotion activities, approves advertising copy, and travel display work.
- Directed, coordinated and participated in merchandising travel agency services, such as sale of transportation company carrier tickets, packaged or specialized tours, or vacation packages.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Travel manager applying for a job would look like,
Kalpana Travels, Jaipur, 2005-Present
- Treat all the foreign visitors as family guests.
- Assists them on accommodations furnishing exuberant information’s on prominent guest houses, hotels, best economical restaurants and delicious healthy foods.
- Command over English, French and German languages.
- Keep all the information’s on places, individuals, monuments and creatures.
- Extraordinary quality in of furnishing all the desired information’s and making all the dispensations on traveling related services.
Arjit Tours and Travels, Delhi, 2002-2005
- Provide them traveling services and take them on their desired destinies giving sufficient information on monuments of Historical importance.
- Satisfy their each query on the Country, its rules and regulations, Cultural satire and foods & beverages.
- Assist them in their monetary transactions opening different types of options for them like credit card, ATM and other cash transactions.
- Use only that language which they feel themselves comfortable with their during excursion.
- Help them in taking video graphs, snaps and accomplishing their project.
Sumati Travels, Jaipur, 2000-2002
- Helped foreign tourists in roaming in the important cities in the country.
- After coming across their plans helped them meet its end.
- Assisted them in finding good accommodation serving the foods of their own choice.
- Provided them conveyance for their excursion and visit of the places of historical importance.
- Provided written details on the country, celebrities, government, culture, environment, climate, hills, rivers, forests and creatures.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Travel manager who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- Diploma course on “Travel and Maintainability”
Travel Management College, Delhi, 2000
Delhi University, Delhi, 1998
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Travel manager could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Travel manager would look like,
- Rewarded for best hospitality by Indian Tourism department in 2004.
- Won gold medal as champion in sports activities in 1998.
- Member of Indian Tourism forum.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Travel manager could also look like,
Salary Range of a Travel manager
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 20000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 2.5 Lakhs to 3.25 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $8200 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Travel manager Interview Question
- What five adjectives would you use to describe yourself?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Where do you see yourself in five years / ten years?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- Do you prefer to work as part of a team or independently?
- What is your management style?
- What do you enjoy about your current role?
- What type of boss do you prefer?
- What are your salary expectations?