This is a free Trucking Company General Manager Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Trucking Company General Manager Job.
Trucking Company General Manager Job Description
- Directs and coordinates the operations and activities of a Trucking company involved in transporting finished goods and raw materials over land, typically from manufacturing plants to retail or distribution centers.
- Formulates policies, programs, and procedures for transportation system, including schedules, rates, routes, allocation and assignment of company drivers and vehicles, selection and use of contract drivers, and other company operations.
- Understands the overall plan for the company, and sets specific goals to fit in with the plan.
- Directs staff to achieve company goals.
- Ensures that all company trucks and equipment are properly inspected and maintained.
- Conducts continuous analyses of vehicle and driver assignments and analyzes scheduling for possible consolidation.
Sample Trucking Company General Manager Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Trucking Company General Manager
To obtain a responsible and challenging position with a progressive company where my work experience will have valuable application and utilization of my opportunity for advancement.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Trucking Company General Manager can add his/her career achievements like,
- Recognized by Avatar Transport Company management in 2006 awarded most improved Manager.
- Consults appropriate internal and external resources as required to assist in day-to-day operations and planning.
- Researches and resolves escalated customer issues.
- Plans, prioritizes, and coordinates tasks to ensure completion of assignments.
- Provides process/systems support related to implementation of assignments.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Trucking Company General Manager applying for a job would look like,
Trucking Company General Manager
Avatar Transport Company, Ahemdabad, 2005-Present
- Reviewed schedules to ascertain Trucking establishments having freight consignments for terminal and shipments originating from terminal in order to plan activities.
- Revised driver schedules to ensure increased efficiency, lower costs, and expedited operations.
- Conducted field surveys to evaluate operations and recommends changes.
- Reviewed and analyzed expenditure, financial, and operations reports to determine requirements for increasing profits, such as need for increase in rates or tariffs, expansion of existing schedules, or extension of routes or new routes.
- Recommended or approves capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment or vehicles which would increase efficiency and services of company.
- Enforced compliance of administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and government regulations.
- Negotiated contracts with outside drivers.
Truck Terminal Manager, 2000-2005
Beejwal Truck Terminal, Ahemdabad
- Responsible for the smooth operation of trucking centers where freight is loaded or unloaded; also coordinated and directed all activities in the terminals, including the weight of freight and choosing the lifts and crates that will be used to move it.
- closely supervised the loading and unloading of cargo to avoid damage, thereby saving the money and helping to maintain good working relations.
Education and Certification:
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Trucking Company General Manager who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- B Com
Jamnalal Bajaj Commerce Collage, Ahemdabad, 1999
- Certified course from Archer Trucking School
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Trucking Company General Manager could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Trucking Company General Manager would look like,
- Member of Trucker Union of India.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Trucking Company General Manager could also look like,
Gujrat Trucker Union
Salary Range of a Project
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 15000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 1.80 Lakhs to 2 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $4500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Trucking Company General Manager Interview Question
- Why should we hire you?
- Tell me about a suggestion you have made
- What irritates you about co-workers?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Why do you think you would do well at this job?
- What are you looking for in a job?
- What kind of person would you refuse to work with?
- What is more important to you: the money or the work?
- What has disappointed you about a job?
- Tell me about your ability to work under pressure.
- Do your skills match this job or another job more closely?
- What motivates you to do your best on the job?
- How would you know you will be successful on this job?