This is a free User Support Analyst Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired User Support Analyst Job.
User Support Analyst Job Description
- Provides technical assistance, support, and advice to end users for hardware, software, and systems.
- Investigates and resolves computer software and hardware problems of users.
- Serves as a contact for users having problems using computer software, hardware, and operating systems.
- Determines whether problem is caused by hardware, software, or system.
- Answers questions, applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, systems, and procedures.
- May work as in-house consultant and research alternate approaches to existing software and hardware when standardized approaches cannot be applied.
Sample User Support Analyst Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for User Support Analyst
Extensive experience in design implementation, maintenance, and customer support of AS/400 software in RPG, RPGLE, SQL RPG (embedded SQL) and CLP. Demonstrated success in leading developers in major software releases for several software companies.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a User Support Analyst can add his/her career achievements like,
- Build relationships with Line of Business (LOB) users for large conversions, for high volume security analysis activities.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of management.
- Security team lead for merger/ conversion projects (SME).
- Review BRD, LLD, HLD, Functional, and Project Charter documents for Security impact.
- Educate Project Managers/stakeholders of our SLA? S, process and procedures.
- Organize, schedule, and conduct meetings / training with client and staff.
- Managed a team of 5 staff members for MBNA, Fleet conversion projects.
- Track and report on project progress via reporting applications.
- Review, document and update project documentation.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced User Support Analyst applying for a job would look like,
User Support Analyst
Durian IT, Mumbai, 2006-Present
- Team Lead, Managed a team of 5 staff for projects.
- Review project documentation for mainframe security impact (BRD, HLD, LLD, and Charter).
- Partner with clients to mitigate security risks and ensure upgrade and implementations were – in compliance with security standards, process and procedures.
- Tested and monitored upgrades and implementations to ensure no security risks.
- Conduct Security audits.
- Participates in status meeting to discuss issues, concerns and provide updates.
- Produce a status report/metrics as required by manager and stakeholders.
- Document Procedures, standards and process improvements
- Helpdesk support for Internal Customer Contacts
- Off hours support of projects/ rotation on call.
Seth Financing, Mumbai, 2003-2006
Application Support for Impacts/SC Developers Team.
- Test applications Upgrades/ Implementations/ Enhancements through to Production for IMAPACS/SC Developers.
- Standardizing applications JCL/ PROCS/ PARMS to Bank standards per applications Developers
- Mainframe Production Support
- Manage/Coordinate Upgrades/Conversions for Projects
- Part of Change Management Process
- Production On-call
- Liaison /Multitasking
- Analyze/Coordinate Problem Resolutions
Data Security Analyst
Natraj Industries, Mumbai, 2000-2003
- Built relationships with Regional Executives to determine access needed for staff.
- Helpdesk \Internal Customer Contacts
- Track Project Progress
- Process Improvements
- Document/Organize Procedures
- Built Access Profiles on Mainframe
- Gave access to High Level Qualifiers for Data Sets
- Satisfying Users Access Requirements Via Racf \ Top Secret
- Supported Merger \Conversion Projects
- Train less experienced team members.
- Managed a team of 3.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a User Support Analyst who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- M C A (IT Security)
Bangalore Technical Collage, Bangalore, 2000
- B Sc. (IT)
Mumbai Science Collage, Mumbai, 1997
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a User Support Analyst could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a User Support Analyst would look like,
- Received Wisdom award from Computer Academy Delhi University on achieving 2nd place in All India Computer Quiz.
- 2 time salary increscent at Durian IT.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a User Support Analyst could also look like,
Mr. Bharat Jain
Salary Range of a User Support Analyst
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 15000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 1.6 Lakhs to 2 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $6500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked User Support Analyst Interview Question
- How would you approach this job?
- How do you get things done?
- How would you decide on your objectives?
- How do you manage your day?
- What motivates you?
- How do you cope without motivation?
- How long were you at your last job?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- How have you changed in the last five years?
- What contribution do you make to a team?
- How do you react if you find that someone you work with does not like you?
- Have you ever experienced such a problem during your working life?
- If so, how did you cope and how did the matter resolve itself if it did occur?