This is a free Vice President Customer Service Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Vice President Customer Service Job.
Vice President Customer Service Job Description
- Plans, develops, and establishes policies and objectives of customer service in accordance with objectives of organization.
- Reports, typically, to Chief Operating Officer and has Director Customer Service reporting to this position.
- Confers with organization officials to assure customer service objectives are in concert with business plans and objectives.
- Develops organizational customer service policies and coordinates related functions.
- Directs and coordinates customer service programs and activities.
- Explains firm’s customer service programs and how use of programs can promote customer relations and sales.
- Directs employees engaged in customer service that may provide product support, investigate, evaluate, and settle complaints and other related programs.
- Directs customer service employees concerning products, rates or service in connection with products or services offered.
Sample Vice President Customer Service Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Vice President Customer Service
Offering senior experience gained within major holding companies, leading management consulting/executive search firms and independent practice, seeking HR strategic planning/management, organizational development/training or talent acquisition/retention association.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Vice President Customer Service can add his/her career achievements like,
- Extensive experience as a manager in call centers and consumer electronics environments.
- Project management and sales team leadership, both with a production and a service focus, and created better systems to accomplish departmental goals.
- Managed teams ranging in size and scope on projects in a typically dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Diverse background in these areas to assist an organization in their corporate goals.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Vice President Customer Service applying for a job would look like,
Vice President Customer Service
Living Media India Ltd.2006-Present
- Directed and coordinated customer service programs and activities.
- Explained firm’s customer service programs and how use of programs can promote customer relations and sales.
- Directed employees engaged in customer service that may provide product support, investigate, evaluate, and settle complaints and other related programs.
- Directed customer service employees concerning products, rates or service in connection with products or services offered.
- Analyzed reports of findings and recommends response to customer service issues considering nature and complexity of the issue.
- Directed the activities and actions of subordinates to ensure customer service issues are handled correctly.
- Authorized retention of data and preparation of documents.
- Prepared activity reports for evaluation by management.
Customer Service Sales Manager
Muthut Financing, Mumbai, 2003-2006
- Supervised a team of 20-30 associates in a call center environment including performance coaching and career counseling. Authorized and approved customer accounts. Maintained documented bank policies and regulations.
- Analyzed the department’s performance. Identified opportunity areas by troubleshooting and benchmarking to track results, providing data to challenge the current processes and procedures to make improvements.
- Continuously refined documentation to stay current with the changing environment, also to implement strategies to improve quality of service. Prioritized the daily workloads to meet business needs and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Created and maintained tracking tools to breakdown daily performance per team member to pinpoint opportunity areas early enough in month to correct by month-end goal.
Muthut Financing, Mumbai, 2000-2003
- Identified and developed effective deadlines for each function completed within internal team.
- Provided clear day-to-day instructions on prioritizing the workflow in order to efficiently meet deadlines for each job function.
- Defined job functions with a step-by-step procedure of each function to gain efficiencies, but ensure accuracy to company guidelines and regulations.
- Developed staffing models and volume plans to benchmark, measure, and track efficiencies.
- Advised, implemented, and executed cost reduction plans based on findings, such as cross tracking team members on multiple functions to meet deadlines and increase efficiencies.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Vice President Customer Service who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- 2 Year certified course in customer service management
Mumbai, Career Achievers, Mumbai, 2000
- MBA (Sales and marketing)
IIT Mumbai, 1998
- B Com(Management)
Maratha Collage of Commerce, 1995
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Vice President Customer Service could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Vice President Customer Service would look like,
- Provide support for a National Managed Care Executive, and three Regional Managers.
- Nominated and awarded with new face of marketing execution.
- Member Save the Childhood Operation under care of UNO
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Vice President Customer Service could also look like,
Mr. Kamlapati Raju
Salary Range of a Vice President Customer Service
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 40000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 4.80 Lakhs to 5.25 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $22500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Vice President Customer Service Interview Question
- How have you managed to foster a successful team in your past positions?
- What methods have you found successful in determining the priorities when you start in a new facility?
- What methods do you use to foster open communication with staff and management?
- Tell me about a work incident when you were totally honest, despite a potential risk or downside for the honesty.
- How did you handle a recent situation where the direction from above was unclear and circumstances were changing?
- Describe how you motivated a group of people to do something they did not want to do.
- Who are your most effective subordinate and your least effective subordinate?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each? What have you done to develop each of these subordinates?
- Tell me about some of the people who have become successful as a result of your management. What was your role in their development?