This is a free Waiter Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Waiter Job.
Waiter Job Description
- Check patrons’ identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Escort customers to their tables.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Serve food and/or beverages to patrons; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
Sample Waiter Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Hotel Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Waiter
To obtain a responsible and challenging position with a progressive company where my work experience will have valuable application and utilization of my opportunity for advancement.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Waiter can add his/her career achievements like,
- Won over a workforce skeptical of change, and initially unwilling to adopt new ideas from supervisory staff. New changes were introduced to the workplace seamlessly, accomplishing broad-based staff agreement, and a more productive environment.
- Introduced staggered shift breaks to maintain production.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff to maximize productivity.
- Controlled costs through the most effective uses of manpower and available resources.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Waiter applying for a job would look like,
ODYSSEY Fine Dinning Cruises, Delhi, 2007-Present
- Manually set-up and break-down all dinning areas before and after cruise in accordance to floor plans provided.
- Greet and welcome guests in a pleasant and professional manner upon boarding and escort to respective tables.
- Introduce guests to the ship and advice ship policies and safety procedures.
- Take and up-sell guest beverage orders, and inform customers of menus items.
- Clean and maintain server station.
- Deliver and properly serve food and beverages in a timely manner.
- Prep and side-work various stations.
- Constantly look for service opportunities.
- Perform all side work at assigned station, such as, stocking coffee, glasses, sugar, cream and coffee dispenser.
- Control guest’s checks and secure proper payment.
- Provide courteous, professional and personalized service at all times.
- Met the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
Jem Caterers, Chandigarh, 2005 – 2006
- Managed Bar Staff, Managed beverages and inventory, ordered stock as needed.
- Prepared and served mixed drinks, beer, wine, and bar snacks.
- Maintained high level of Guests satisfaction through attention to detail in defining needs.
- Preformed inventory of all liquor, beer, wine, soda, glassware, and other items.
- Coordinated with Security personnel to monitor patron sobriety and conduct.
Elite Catering, Chennai, 2001 – 2005
- Customer-, Event- and venue-focused professional, expert at steering innovative and profitable functions that simultaneously assure guest enjoyment and elevate the industry reputation and image of the host.
- Acknowledged for capacity to harness the talents of teams, project-manage at both micro- and macro- levels, adjusted to the challenges presented.
- Juggled multi-faceted tasks energetically and capably; simultaneously respond to customer enquiries, source information to meet deadliness.
- Controlled costs through available resources
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Waiter who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
Indra University, Delhi, 2000
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Waiter could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Waiter would look like,
- Awarded by the Hotel management as the Best Customer Entertainer by ODDESSEY in 2007.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Waiter could also look like,
Salary Range of a Waiter
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 5000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package 50 k per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $2500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Waiter Interview Question
- Where have you worked?
- How do you handle rush hour?
- How do you handle customer complaints?
- What do you enjoy most about being a waiter/waitress?
- What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging?
- What are the top 3 traits or skills every waiter/waitress must have to excel?