This is a free Windows Systems Administrator Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Windows Systems Administrator Job.
Windows Systems Administrator Job Description
- Develops, tests, implements, and maintains Windows-based operating system and related software.
- Ensures the recoverability, availability, scalability, and performance of the Windows environment.
- Establishes and implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
- Troubleshoots and resolves software, hardware, Windows-based operating system, and networking problems.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
- Recommends hardware and software upgrades according to growth statistics and disk space forecasts.
- Schedules, plans, and performs system upgrades, including coordinating the transition from test to production environments.
Sample Windows Systems Administrator Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Windows Systems Administrator
I am anxious to obtain a full time position where I will be able to increase my knowledge and experience and share some tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Windows Systems Administrator can add his/her career achievements like,
- Resolve hardware and software problems.
- Implement LAN, desktop hardware and software.
- Manage multiple large project tasks.
- Implement/assist with implementation of corporate standards.
- Development/maintain documentation for LAN and desktop environments.
- Review existing and propose new standards.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Windows Systems Administrator applying for a job would look like,
Windows Systems Administrator
Vista Internationals, Mumbai, 2006-Present
- Manage hardware and software for the Santa Clara and San Jose sites.
- Support and maintain all network printers and Servers (5500+ world wide).
- Create AD/Exchange 2003, 2008 accounts, file permissions, and cluster administration.
- Configure and use Solar Winds, and what’s up Gold Network Performance Monitors.
- Configure and maintain Verities Netback up.
- Resolve hardware and software problems with laptops and desktops.
- Trouble shoot customer’s trouble tickets from helpdesk (3rd level support via phone, written and electronic media).
- Assist with the administration of Windows 2003 and 2008 active directory and domains.
Redline Network, Mumbai, and 2003-2006
- Purchase/configure Windows servers for the company environment.
- Proactively talk with users to ensure their equipment is operating efficiently.
- Maintain the security system for the building using On Guard ET.
- Maintain all the IDF (wiring closet) rooms, and the data center buy performing cross connects terminations and tracing wiring…
- Interact with vendors to order parts and have service performed.
- Run cables to work in a LAN environment.
- Build and maintain Microsoft Hyper-v machines.
- Rotate job responsibilities with other team members.
- Support VP and upper management 24/7.
- Provide IT processes to user community via the intranet and verbal teaching.
IT Systems Engineer
Gizmo Technologies, Mumbai, 2000-2003
- Create, maintain and update Ghost images.
- Use Anaya’s backend system for phone setup and configuration.
- Punch down cables in wiring closet.
- Purchase hardware and software from vendors.
- Maintain the access badge and security system for the company.
- Support and install hardware and software for end users.
- Build, update and add to domain, corporate servers.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Windows Systems Administrator who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
- M C A (Network Security Systems)
Bangalore University, Bangalore, 2000
- B Sc.
Bangalore University, Bangalore, 1998
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Windows Systems Administrator could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Windows Systems Administrator would look like,
- Member Window System Administrators Society India.
- Developed Software to educate basics computers to rural women.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Windows Systems Administrator could also look like,
Mr. Bharat Jain
Salary Range of a Windows Systems Administrator
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 20000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 2.4 Lakhs to 2.7 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $7500 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Windows Systems Administrator Interview Question
- Tell me about your version control.
- What is your build process?
- Tell me about your bug tracking system.
- How is unit testing done? How is system testing done?
- Tell me about your Quality Assurance.
- How many hours per week do people usually work?
- What motivates your employees?
- Why is there an opening?
- What are your distinct advantages in the marketplace?
- How much training per year do you offer?
- Do you do continuous integration?
- How are bugs tracked?
- Do you have a wiki to share developer knowledge?